Our client, a well recognized brand in analytics is looking to fill the position of Sr Data Scientist.
This role will be an impactful individual contributor with the main responsibility of performing exploratory data analysis, predictive modeling and data queries across a multitude of platforms.
The Data Scientist is an agency and client-facing role. We’re looking for a rounded, problem-solving oriented business thinker. You’ll advise on data availability, quality and usability, based upon the business requirements (identified with marketing science colleagues and clients). You’ll examine data from multiple disconnected sources, and model and build algorithms on top of diverse datasets.
You’ll inform the development of user segmentation (clustering) models. From time to time, you’ll design and implement time series models, and predictive modeling solutions.
Synthesizing meaning from data is critical, too. We’re looking for someone who can help frame key findings, implications and recommendations – specific to the client problems we’re trying to solve for. You’ll deliver compelling data- and behaviour-based stories, and support data visualization initiatives.
You will manage the ingestion of third-party in the Data Cloud. That includes working with vendors and clients to identify data requirements; leveraging APIs; and building data pipelines (ETL, data automation, data querying) within an Amazon Web Services environment.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (math & statistics, computer science, engineering, information systems). Master’s degree preferred.
- 6-8+ years experience with predictive modeling, databases, computational simulation, clustering, machine learning and remote computing
- 3+ years experience with Python, R, SQL, bash and other similar statistical computational environments
- B2C marketing experience; strong knowledge of digital and direct marketing
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud)
- Experience with large consumer datasets (e.g. Nielsen, Environics)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; thrive in a rapidly-evolving environment