Our client, a well recognized watersport retail and pool facility, is looking to hire their new General Store Manager. This position entails all the regular managerial duties - staff management, customer service, and store design and layout - but we're also looking for someone who is passionate about all things digital marketing to really propel their organization as the leaders in their industry.
With a newly renovated facility, the GM will be responsible for:
- Managing store and pool facility staff, including selection, scheduling, training, and product knowledge;
- Inventory levels, ordering, and relationship management with our preferred vendors who often offer exclusive product lines;
- Customer satisfaction, that they are served in an efficient and welcoming manner, and that you’ll put forward the right Product Expert to answer their questions;
- Managerial tasks that may find you in the office, on our retail floor, poolside, tradeshow events, and even at offsite dives;
- Creating a positive work environment that champions inclusion and diversity, maintaining integrity and accountability.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a GM or Assistant GM capacity;
- Well versed in all things digital - social media, FB campaigns, e-newsletters and digital communication, web content writing, and banner advertising;
- Experience with direct reports, including the hiring and bi-annual staff reviews;
- A bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Business Management or a similar program that transfers into the necessary skills;
- Computer experience – well versed in Microsoft Office, digital marketing including social media, and POS systems;
- Ability to plan and design store layout and displays, increasing sales and new product promotion;
- Comfortable with sales targets, key performance metrics, and sales data analysis.